Michelin Rallye Groupe B Press Release - Embargoed until 11thJuly 2012
Rallye Groupe B change of Venue and Date.
Please be advised that with immediate effect, the Rallye Groupe B scheduled for 25/26 August 2012 has had to be re-scheduled. This decision has been made due to the loss of key venues at short notice, which has meant that the event could not conform to the permit issued by the MSA.
The Organising Committee has sought to find alternative stages, but given the short timeframe it was decided to postpone this event to a later date. However to fulfil our promise to provide a Group B event in 2012, we have been working with another Rally Team to provide a bolt on event to their rally.
At this time we have initial agreement to run a limited number of cars as both demonstration and competitive and we are now going through the formalities with the Rally Team to ensure MSA approval and all the event requirements are met.
Priority will be given to all fully paid entries and it is expected that the entry fee will be similar to the Michelin Rallye Groupe B to Rallying with Group B members. Please be aware that because we cannot formally announce the event yet, this press release is vague. As soon as details are firmed up, I will release further details to the membership first, then through the website and the Rallying With Group B Facebook page.
This event is in no way a replacement to our home based event and plans are already underway to re-group and agree a new date with existing and proposed venues. Again, please see the website for updates.
The Committee wishes to extend its thanks to all the people who have given the event the support and we hope that you will agree that given the short notice we have been able to provide a suitable alternative to the proposed event.
Rallying With Group B Secretary
On behalf of;
Rallying With Group B